Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rift PvP

This is probably more about PvP in MMOs in general, but more recently I have experience in Rift.

First I'll start with my philosophy of people. "People are stupid" This is not to say that everyone doesn't have their smarts. Everyone has something they are exceptionally good at while not so great at other things. This also does not exclude myself. I will do things wrong, in the case of mmo's, in pvp and in pve.

I say this because people in warfronts concentrate on things that will either get them killed faster or are not worth doing. For instance, the leader of a warfront marks a healer to focus fire like a good leader should be doing. We want to get them killed obviously but there are 10 people between me and that marked target. As a melee if I were to go into that crowd of people I would get focused myself not because I'm attacking their healer but because I became a lone target.

There are two ways to deal with that situation. Either have your entire group get up in their group of people or focus fire people in the front first. Both are hard to coordinate but the former is even harder to do so. So focus firing a person closest to your group of people would be the best thing to do. I don't care how much defense/valor/healers a guy has, it is hard to stay alive to.

Some day I'll write detailed strategies on how I think the warfronts should be done. Some may disagree with me, but screw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment